So it’s the middle of November already, can’t believe it?? Only 5½ weeks until Christmas – 38 shopping days. Having just had an amazing time at the Manchester Christmas Markets with a nice warm cup of Glühwein, I start to think all things Christmas!! So time to start planning!! Lists! Yes, lists and lots of ‘em!
1. Christmas card list – I have now put this on the computer and print the address labels out – much easier but I think you should still hand write inside or else you really loose that personal touch.
2. Christmas Present List – Don’t get caught out by buying someone something twice or suddenly realise at the last minute you forgot to get Aunty May anything, and end up down the local shop and find the shelves empty! When you buy something remember to tick it off – there is something quite satisfying about ticking things off on a list!!
3. Your ‘Wish List’!! When someone asks you “what do you want for Christmas” it is always good to have had a little think about this one, just don’t tell everyone the same thing! (Remember you can come and do your very own Wish List at No.6!!)
4. Get the kids to start making their Lists for Santa!! Early the better! Then you can get them sorted. If they want this years ‘must have’ gift get it while you can!! I remember one year PlayStation were the must have gift – but come the beginning of December could you get one?? Not for love nor money!!
5. Remember those friends and relatives who live abroad!! The latest recommended posting dates as per Royal Mail for International Standard postage are as follows:
Wednesday 3th December Asia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
Thursday 4th December Australia
Friday 5th December Africa, Caribbean, Central & South America, Middle East
Monday 8th December Cyprus, Eastern Europe, Greece
Tuesday 9th December Canada, Poland
Friday 12th December USA
Saturday 13th December Western Europe (excluding Greece, Poland)
Well that’s a start guys. Happy Shopping!!